- The website www.mobiletechrx.com (together with any other websites of MobiTech, the “Website”);
- Our mobile applications (the “App”); and
- Any email, text and other electronic communications you send to MobiTech through the Website.
- Information we collect offline or by any other means (such as through other websites, products or services we may offer); and
- Information collected by third parties, which may have their own privacy policies.
Important Information And Who We Are
- Contact Details
- Controller Name: MobiTech International, LLC
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal Address:O. Box 26822, Austin, TX, USA 78755.
- Telephone Number: (512) 826-3368
What information does MobiTech collect?
- Technical Information. We may also automatically collect and use technical data and related information, such as information about your device, system and application software, peripherals and other data related to your interactions with the Website or the App (“Technical Information”). We may automatically collect Technical Information through cookies, flash cookies, web beacons and log files. The information we collect from these technologies may include your IP address, device ID, browser information and the page you request. MobiTech does not consider this information to be Personal Information.
- Geo-Location Information. We may also collect information about your geographic location from you or your device, including your country, region, city, zip code, street address, time zone, latitude, longitude, velocity, bearing, altitude and horizontal position representation information (“Geo-Location Information”).
We do not collect any special categories of personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Information You Voluntarily Disclose
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose Information through any public-facing features of the Website (for example, via public forums), that Information can be collected and used by others. You submit this Information at your own risk. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any Information you choose to submit in connection with these public features.
How does MobiTech use Information?
We may use your Information, including your Personal Information, as follows:
- To provide software updates, product support, product enhancements and other services to you related to the App or the Website.
- To improve, market or promote MobiTech’s products and services.
- To enable you to participate in features of the App.
- To communicate with you, including about the App.
- To alert you to product upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new products and services offered by MobiTech or its third party partners.
- To respond to comments, questions or requests for customer service.
- To display advertisements, including advertisements from third parties.
- For any other purpose we may describe when you provide the Information.
We may also use your Information for any other purpose with your consent. Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your Information although we will get your consent before sending third-party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
We will only use your Information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your Information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your Information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Data and Blind Data
You own all right, title, and interest in and to any data (excluding Technical Information) that we collect from you via your use of and interaction with the App, including data about the vehicles you repair, the type of repairs and your estimates and invoices for such repairs (“Data”). We do not consider this to be Personal Information. You grant to us a non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable, royalty free license to use any data we collect based on your use of the App in order to provide, monitor and improve the App and to compile, synthesize and analyze this Data (“Blind Data”), such as to generate anonymous usage statistics. If we generate Blind Data, it will be owned by us and we may use it for any lawful business purpose. Any Blind Data will not personally identify you or the source of the Data.
Information We Share
MobiTech or its agents, vendors or contractors may disclose, share, and use your Information, including your Personal Information, to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To our agents, vendors or contractors that we use to support the internal operations of our business who are required to keep the Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- If required to do so by law, comply with legal process or to comply with a governmental or regulatory request;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of MobiTech or its agents or contractors;
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other MobiTech agreements;
- To act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the App or the Website or the public; and
- As part of a transaction or potential transaction where MobiTech merges with another organization, files for bankruptcy, or sells its assets or capital stock.
We require all third-parties to respect the security of your Information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your Information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your Information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Security of Your Information
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. These security measures include storing your Information on our secure servers behind firewalls and using encryption technology. In addition, we limit access to your Information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your Information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Despite the actions and precautions we take, no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of the Information. You acknowledge and agree that you transmit it to us at your own risk. However, we have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your Information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your Information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Information, the purposes for which we process your Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Third-Party Websites, Services and Technologies
The Website and the App are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe that we may have collected Information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com
Information Choices and Changes
We may need to communicate with you about the App or the Website, and we would like to make certain commercial offers available to you from time to time. As such, by signing up for our newsletter or by creating an account on the Website, you consent to receive commercial messages (whether by phone, email, text or push notifications) from us or our third party partners, and acknowledge and agree that your primary phone numbers and email addresses and other information may be used for the purpose of initiating commercial messages. We will allow you to opt-out of receiving commercial messages, but in order to stop receiving any messages from us whatsoever (including administrative messages regarding the App), you will need to terminate your account.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Information:
- Request access to your Information.
- Request correction of the Information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your Information. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your Information.
- Request restriction of processing of your Information.
- Request the transfer of your Information to you or to a third party. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your Information.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your Information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to the Controller.